- Gavin Adams will be a 2017 graduate of Starmount High. He is a trumpet player in the Starmount concert and marching bands and sings tenor for the Starmount show choir. He plans to go to Wake Forest after graduation to major in medicine and medical research, and possibly minor in music. He has a strong Christian background and faith, composed his own piece of music for piano, and performed the national anthem solo at games. He doesn’t mind and even enjoys giving speeches, studying space, music, and science, and being a figure of respectability.
- Savannah Putman will be a 2017 graduate of Starmount High School. Her plans after high school is to attend a four-year University majoring in Human Biology or Chemistry. After her Bachelor’s degree, she plans to further her education by attending East Carolina University’s Physician’s Assistant program in the year 2021. Savannah is a member of HOSA, Beta Club, Nation Honors Society, Journalism Club, National Technical Honors Society, and Prom committee. In her spare time, she is enjoys swimming and spending time with her friends. Savannah is very passionate about her writings when it comes to anything medical or fashion-related. When obstacles do get in the way of her success, she is always willing to conquer them with her drive and persistence.
- Christy Rucker will be a 2017 graduate of Starmount High School. She plans to attend a four-year university to study creative writing while also obtaining her teaching license. She grew up in Hamptonville where she helped her family work on their beef cattle farm. She fell in love with books at a young age, claiming it’s because her mother would read to her every night before she went to bed. As she grew, so did her passion for reading. Along with it came the aspiration to be able to write a book of her own. So far she has placed in both her school’s writing competitions: her frightening, yet romantic, short story taking second, and her very praising poem taking third. As of last year, she has recently taken an interest in journalism, even going so far as to join the school club. Her new job as a Prom Pro at the Southern Bride Prom Superstore has given her a true passion for fashion and is something we expect to be reflected in her later works.
- Cassidy Walden is a senior at Starmount High School. She is currently planning on going to either UNC Greensboro or Appalachian State University next fall and hasn’t decided her major yet. Spending time with family, being active in her church and faith, as well as making and listening to music are things she likes to do.
- JoJo Welborn, Student Editor is a senior at Starmount High School. Her interest in journalism stems from a life of reading and writing. She hopes to continue her education by studying anthropology and archaeology. In her free time, you can catch her playing tennis, dancing, kayaking, or obsessing over Netflix originals.
- Laura Cave, Editor & Journalism Teacher Adviser